The San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce has been navigating the COVID-19 pandemic with an unwavering commitment of supporting the business community to thrive. Community outreach quickly transitioned from in person events to the virtual world. As a non-profit organization 501(c)6, the Chamber has been ineligible for the government assistance programs. Most of our Signature fundraising events have been postponed and are at risk of being canceled. Since March, the Chamber has:
- Reduced staff hours and worked remotely until June 8th
- Extended Membership payment schedules and offered monthly installment plans
- Increased frequency of Newsletter distribution and Social Media activity to reach the community at large (extending beyond Membership)
- Held multiple Zoom meetings about applying for the government PPP and EDI loans and the follow on loan forgiveness application to help business owners navigate the complexities of the process
- Partnered with online food ordering platforms to provide setup discounts and hosted Town Hall meetings specifically for restaurant owners
- Implemented phone message drop system with message to businesses that ‘we are here to help’
- Hosted 20+ virtual Business Essentials sessions at no cost to members and non-members, alike
Now, we are here to Celebrate with the businesses that were essential who remained open and those who are re-opening. Watch for our Celebration Video Parade of business owners and local personalities. In conjunction with the Celebration Video Parade, we are holding an online auction fundraiser which will benefit the continued support of the local business community and help keep the Chamber doors open now and into the future.
The Celebration Video Parade will debut on the San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce Facebook page on July 4th at noon. https://www.facebook.com/SanMateoChamber/
The online auction fundraiser at biddingforgood.com will launch on July 4th at noon PT and conclude on Friday, July 10th at 5pm PT.